Daniel Craig lets slip that work on Bond 23 will
start in late 2010, MGM have no comment...
Bond 23 Work Starts In Late 2010
24th October 2009
The 23rd James Bond film (AKA Bond
start production in late 2010, 007 star Daniel Craig told fans
Thursday outside the stage door for his Broadway play, "A
"We start end of next year," he
said in a video posted to YouTube by a fan.
Unlike many media and fan outlets, MI6 stated
that Bond 23 would be released in late 2011 before the last
outing "Quantum of Solace" was released in theatres.
It means a three year gap between films for fans of the series,
something which happened once during the Pierce Brosnan era
(between "The World Is
Not Enough" in 1999 and "Die
Another Day" in 2002).
The additional year between films should give MGM time to
sort out their financial situation.
MGM have been struggling to refinance their crippling
$3.7b debt. They secured a breather earlier this month with a
agreement with its lenders, winning some breathing
room and liquidity
as it continues to grapple with looming debt payments. "With
the agreement in place, MGM has taken an important first step
in ensuring that the company has enhanced financial stability
and adequate liquidity to implement its business strategies," the
studio said in a statement.
The financial uncertainty sparked
20th Century Fox were ready to buy the rights to market and distribute
Bond 23 - but this was quickly
denied by both Fox and MGM. An official MGM source also mentioned
the studio still owns the Bond property and will announce the
release date and distribution strategy
in due time. Daniel Craig's revelation this week may have accelerated
According to trade paper Variety, MGM had no
comment about Craig's comment.
Above: Daniel Craig answering fan questions outside the
Bond 23 is being written by
regular Bond duo Neal Purvis and Robert Wade, and "The Queen" and "Frost/Nixon" scribe
Peter Morgan. David Arnold will compose the score for his sixth
007 movie. Producers Barbara Broccoli and Michael G. Wilson have
yet to confirm a director.
The Sheikh of Abu Dhabi, who owns the luxurious Emirates Palace
Hotel, reacted favorably to a request from
the Bond production team to possibly film at the location,
according to UK tabloid The Daily Express. "We have had
a call from the James Bond production company asking if they
can come and recce the hotel with a view to filming
here, and the Sheikh has reacted very enthusiastically," gushed
a member of his executive staff. But shortly after
the story went viral, a spokesman for the resort said: "It
is not true. No-one has been to visit. We know nothing about
23 - June Report
23 - May Report
23 - January Report
23 - December Report
23 - October Report
23 - September Report