SPECTRE Auction - Results
25th February 2016
The auction of 'SPECTRE' memorabilia at Christie's accrued more than $4m for charities
By MI6 Staff
Celebrating the release of James Bond's 24th adventure on Blu-Ray and DVD, EON Productions and Christie's hosted an exclusive auction of real props and memorabilia from the film benefitting charity. The in-person auction took place on 18th February and an online-only auction spanned 16-23rd February. Together these events raised a total of £3,034,375 ($4,328,857). 100% of all offered lots were sold and benefitted Médecins San Frontiéres (MSF), other charitable organisations, and United Nations Mine Action Service (UNMAS); Chritie's will be donating all profitable proceeds to the charities. 24 lots of SPECTRE memorabilia were offered across the two auctions, giving Bond collectors a unique opportunity to acquire a piece of memorabilia direct from the archives of EON Productions, with additional donations from the Bond cast members, Director Sam Mendes and Bond Producers Michael G. Wilson and Barbara Broccoli. The auctions welcomed James Bond fans from across the world, with registered bidders from 26 countries across 4 continents.
Google Chrome users may have to click the silver shield icon in the address bar to enable the video embed script. Video available via AOL. May be restricted to some countries.
THE RESULTS: LOT BY LOT
- BLU-RAY DISC SIGNED IN GOLD MARKER PEN BY DANIEL CRAIG: Price Realised £30,000 ($42,840)
- JAMES BOND'S DAY OF THE DEAD COSTUME WORN BY DANIEL CRAIG: Price Realised £98,500 ($140,658)
- LONGINES 'CONQUEST HERITAGE', 18-CARAT ROSE GOLD AUTOMATIC WRISTWATCH, WORN BY RALPH FIENNES AS M: Price Realised £20,000 ($28,560)
- FINAL LEGAL SPECTRE SCRIPT SIGNED BY SAM MENDES, MICHAEL G WILSON AND BARBARA BROCCOLI: Price Realised £10,625 ($15,173)
- OBERHAUSER'S SPECTRE GOLD RING WORN BY CHRISTOPH WALTZ: Price Realised £32,500 ($46,410)
- RANKIN FRAMED SET OF CHARACTER ART: Price Realised £30,000 ($42,840)
- SAM SMITH SIGNED 'WRITING'S ON THE WALL' SHEET MUSIC FRAMED WITH 45RPM 7" VINYL SINGLE AND SLEEVE: Price Realised £9,375 ($13,388)
- A TWO-PIECE DINNER SUIT BY TOM FORD, WORN BY DANIEL CRAIG AS JAMES BOND: Price Realised £27,500 ($39,270)
- PROTOTYPE ONE OF EIGHT OMEGA SEAMASTER 300 WRISTWATCHES, WORN BY DANIEL CRAIG AS JAMES BOND: Price Realised £92,500 ($132,090)
- SPECTRE ASTON MARTIN DB10: Price Realised £2,434,500 ($3,476,466)
Whilst the Aston Martin DB10 was a clear top, accruing a cool £2.4m, in the online auction the highest-value lot was James Bond's initialled Tom Ford cufflinks, which realised £74,500. The online auction added an additional £248,875 to the pool bringing the SPECTRE auction fundraising to a grand total of £3,034,375.