'Goldfinger' laser torture tops new poll of greatest Bond moments
"No, Mr Bond, I did not expect a surprise result".
The famous laser-torture table sequence from "Goldfinger" has been chosen as the greatest 007 moment of all time according to a new survey.
The poll, conducted by Sky Movies, received 2,500 votes - a fraction compared to the number of James Bond fans who took part in a series of 007 surveys on MI6 last year
1. 'No Mr Bond, I expect you to die' (Goldfinger) - 10.3%
2. Roger Moore pre-credit parachute (The Spy Who Loved Me) - 7.6%
3. 'Bond... James Bond' (Dr. No) - 5.7%
4. Daniel Craig's free running on building site (Casino Royale) - 5.3%
5. Roger Moore barrel roll car stunt (The Man With The Golden Gun) - 4.5%
6. Tank chase/Bond straightens tie (GoldenEye) - 3.3%
7. Roger Moore crocodile stepping stones (Live And Let Die) - 2.8%
8. Pre-title car chase (Quantum of Solace) - 2.2%
9. Desmond Llewellyn's last time as Q (The World Is Not Enough) - 2%
10 Bond's new wife is murdered (On Her Majesty's Secret Service) - 1.7%
(Others = 54.6%)
Sky Movies have put together a 'new' clip show to take advantage of the results called Bond's Greatest Moments. When told the "Goldfinger" scene had topped the poll, Daniel Craig said, "Yes, that would take some beating."
The survey was made before "Skyfall" opened in cinemas.
Discuss this news here...