Nintendo to shut down Wii internet services, impacts 'GoldenEye 007'
Bond gamers who enjoy online services for 'GoldenEye 007'' on the Wii will have until May 20th before Nintendo pulls the plug.
In a statement, Nintendo said: "As of May 20, 2014, certain online functionality offered through Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection will no longer be accessible. The discontinued services include online play, matchmaking and leaderboards for many Wii, Nintendo DS and Nintendo DSi games. Users can still play the games in offline mode, which continues to offer a rich game-play experience."
Examples of Discontinued Functionality:
- Online play and matchmaking
- Leaderboards and tournament data
- Sharing of user generated content (ghost data, user created levels)
- User exchange of in-game items or characters (Global Trade Station)
- Free add-on content or downloads (new levels, in-game items, Mystery Gifts)
Thanks to `YouHaveAnOddJob ` for the alert. Discuss this news here...