MI6 Confidential Issue #68
7th April 2023
The first issue of 2023 is now shipping around the world
By MI6 Staff
Issue #68 of the full-colour James Bond magazine MI6 Confidential is now shipping worldwide.
It is a rare honour to play James Bond. Only six men have this distinction. Or have they? While Connery, Lazenby, Moore, Dalton, Brosnan, and Craig come to mind easily, people less steeped in the franchise may not recall Bob Holness, or even Toby Stephens who has played 007 in various adventures.
This issue shines a spotlight into the darker corners of franchise history to the oft-forgotten men to be cast (or almost cast) in the iconic role. We also go behind the scenes of Brosnan’s original audition process and reveal the wild idea Cubby Broccoli had to produce films back-to-back.
We round out the issue with a conversation with author Mark Edlitz, whose research has unearthed a rich vein of unseen Bond material.
In This Issue
- The Luck of the Irish a look back at Brosnan’s audition for Bond in 1986
- Tanker Chase an alternate sequence for Casino Royale
- The Bond Who Never Was how John Gavin landed and lost the role of a lifetime
- Better Make That Two the actor and director eyed by Cubby Broccoli to make back-to-back Bonds
- Lost Adventures a conversation with author Mark Edlitz
- The Money Men a cut scene from Moonraker showed off an otherwise under-used Ken Adam set
Issue #68 is now shipping around the world. To order online, visit www.mi6confidential.com
This is the first of four issues in the 2023 season of MI6 Confidential.