MI6 Confidential Issue #70
30th October 2023
The new issue celebrating the literary James Bond's 70th anniversary is out now
By MI6 Staff
Issue #70 of the full-colour James Bond magazine MI6 Confidential is now shipping worldwide.
We’ve marked a fair few significant milestones in the pages of MI6 Confidential, but none so profound as the 70th anniversary of the publication of ‘Casino Royale’. This 70th issue celebrates seven decades of Bond on the page, with insight from some of the people who know him best.
All the continuation authors, to some extent, came to their work as aficionados of the character; here, they recount their stories of meeting James Bond for the first time and becoming stewards of the character in print.
Also in this issue, we learn about the inspiration for Miss Moneypenny and how Johanna Harwood approached adapting Fleming’s texts for the screen in the early ‘60s. Finally, we salute an old favourite – Octopussy – which celebrates 40 years in 2023.
In This Issue
- Bond at 70 continuation authors explain the lasting appeal of 007
- Keeping the Fleming End Up the history of Ian Fleming Publications
- By Royal Assent Charlie Higson returns to the Fleming family to author adult Bond
- Meeting Miss Moneypenny the likely inspiration for Miss Moneypenny
- Production Diary the Octopussy shooting schedule
- Johanna’s Bond the original Bond screenwriter discusses adapting Fleming
Issue #70 is now shipping around the world. To order online, visit www.mi6confidential.com
This is the third of four issues in the 2023 season of MI6 Confidential.