MI6 Confidential Issue #71
19th December 2023
Kill Bond now! The women who want 007 dead feature in the new issue
By MI6 Staff
Issue #71 of the full-colour James Bond magazine MI6 Confidential is now shipping worldwide.
Welcome to this special issue where we shift the spotlight to an often overlooked yet crucial aspect of the 007 legacy – the lethal ladies who have tried to outsmart, outfight, and outmanoeuvre James Bond. We dive into the fascinating world of Bond’s female adversaries, exploring their complexity, their motivations, and the unique flair they bring to the franchise.
From the early days of Miss Taro and Fiona Volpe to modern characters like Xenia Onatopp and Valenka, their blend of beauty, brains and brawn has not only given Bond a run for his money, but has also captivated audiences worldwide, leaving an indelible mark on the genre.
We also cover the launch of the first James Bond branded TV reality show ‘007: Road To A Million,’ which may be the last official content for a while as we head in to 2024… But rest assured, we will return!
In This Issue
- I Forgot Your Ego, Mr. Bond - The female villains across the eras (by Lisa Funnell)
- Double Trouble - The two women who tried to end 007’s first big screen mission
- Echoes of Danger - Tracing the Bond villainess archetype from Volpe to Brandt
- A Trip Among Spies - The spy-fi career of Luciana Paluzzi (by Bill Koenig)
- Straight Up With A Twist - How Famke Janssen took Xenia’s advice
- A Touch of Frost - Rosamund Pike on playing the MI6 double agent
- Heavenly Bodies - The space-age sirens of Moonraker.
- What’s There To Say? - Grace Jones in her own words.
- Uncharted Waters - Bond faces a female nemesis in the Sea Dragon comic strip.
- Road To A Million - Meet the contestants tackling Bond-inspired global challenges.
Issue #71 is now shipping around the world. To order online, visit www.mi6confidential.com
This is the fourth and final issue in the 2023 season of MI6 Confidential.