Best of Bond Cars
17th September 2018
Gamers will be able to race some of their favourite James Bond cars in Forza Horizon 4
By MI6 Staff
Bond gamers rejoice! Even though Activision dumped the 007 license some time ago, console gamers will soon have some James Bond action.
MI6 has confirmed that the upcoming Best of Bond pack for the racing game Forza 4 is officially licenced. This makes it the first official release of 007 content on a console platform since '007 Legends' in 2012.
Forza Horizon 4 will be released on Xbox One and Windows 10 on 2nd October 2018. However, those who pre-order the Ultimate Edition will get early access starting from 28th September. Ultimate Edition purchasers will also get the 'Day One Car Pack' which contains all the 007 goodies. Regular purchases of the game can add the Best of Bond pack later as paid DLC.
The pack is included as part of the Forza Horizon 4 Ultimate Edition and will be playable with early access to the game, beginning on September 28th. Players will also be able to purchase the Best of Bond Car Pack separately at the global launch of the game on October 2nd.
The Best of Bond Car Pack features 10 cars from the James Bond films, including Goldfinger (1964) and The Man With the Golden Gun (1974), Skyfall (2012), Spectre (2015), and more. The car list features modern classics like the BMW Z8 from The World Is Not Enough as well as a bevy of classic Aston Martin models, including the most-featured car in Bond film history – the Aston Martin DB5.
Here’s the full lineup of James Bond Edition cars inspired by the films in the Best of Bond Car Pack.
- 1964 Aston Martin DB5 inspired by Goldfinger (1964), Thunderball (1965), GoldenEye (1995), Skyfall (2012) and Spectre (2015)
- 1969 Aston Martin DBS from On Her Majesty’s Secret Service (1969)
- 1974 AMC Hornet X Hatchback from The Man With the Golden Gun (1974)
- 1977 Lotus Esprit S1 from The Spy Who Loved Me (1977)
- 1981 Citroën 2CV6 from For Your Eyes Only (1981)
- 1986 Aston Martin V8 from The Living Daylights (1987)
- 1999 BMW Z8 from The World is Not Enough (1999)
- 2008 Aston Martin DBS from Quantum of Solace (2008)
- 2010 Jaguar C-X75 from Spectre (2015)
- 2015 Aston Martin DB10 from Spectre (2015)
Several of the cars in the pack will feature film-inspired gadgets that players will be able to view while in Forzavista mode. For example, the 1964 Aston Martin DB5 will feature numerous gadgets such as revolving number plate and extendable bumper rams. In addition, the Lotus Esprit S1 will feature a special body kit option inspired by the “Wet Nellie” submarine vehicle from The Spy Who Loved Me (1977).
In addition to the cars, players who own the James Bond Car Pack in Forza Horizon 4 will also receive some in-game Bond goodies, including two Bond outfits as well as six exclusive “Quick Chat” phrases for use in multiplayer.