28th June 2023
A special limited edition of Roger Moore's diary is to be published
By MI6 Staff
To coincide with the 50th anniversary of the release of the iconic James Bond film Live and Let Die, The History Press, in collaboration with Rooksmoor Press, is delighted to announce the forthcoming publication of the fine press edition of The 007 Diaries by Roger Moore.
Originally published in 1973 by Pan to tie in with the release of his first James Bond film, Live and Let Die, Roger Moore agreed to keep a day-by-day diary throughout the film’s production, which would be published just ahead of the premiere in July 1973.
From his unveiling as the new 007 in 1972 through to his first scenes on location in New Orleans and his final shot in New York, Moore describes his whirlwind journey as cinema’s most famous secret agent. Taking in the sights of Jamaica before returning to Pinewood Studios, Moore’s razor wit and unique brand of humour is ever present.
With tales from every location, including his encounters with his co-stars and key crew members, Moore offers the reader an unusually candid, amusing and hugely insightful behind-the-scenes look into the world’s most successful film franchise.
The uniqueness of this fine book production aims to replicate the style and times of the original edition of the 1970s. Katie Beard and master craftsman Stanley Lane have collaborated on this endangered craft to produce a memorable and collectible limited edition of Roger Moore’s humorous and witty account.
- Strictly limited to 350 copies
- Including a new foreword by Live and Let Die actress Madeline Smith
- A signed postcard from Madeline Smith
- A reproduction of two tarot cards featuring the bespoke Live and Let Die artwork by Fergus Hall
- All copies will be individually hand-numbered and will come in a slipcase with artwork by Mark Levy
- Text is set in ‘Monotype’ Baskerville with Caslon display
- Printed on 120gsm Heritage Bookwhite mould-made paper
- Bound in Colorado Jordan cloth with two-colour foiling and slipcase
- Bound by the craft bindery of Blissetts of London
- 1 x leather-bound, 007-numbered, with Roger Moore signed Live and Let Die production still • £750 (plus shipping)
- 10 x Roger Moore signed bookplates edition • £450 (plus shipping)
- 339 x standard edition • £350 (plus shipping)
Click here for purchase information.